Statement of Purpose
The Kimball Business Infrastructure Improvement Loan is entended to provide financial assistance to improve, update, or upgrade needed exterior and interior infrastructure needs in order for the business to adhere to health, safte, sanitation, energy efficiencies, or code related issues. The board will allow businesses to apply for loans up to $5,000 as an incentive for doing improvements to the building or business infrastruture. These funds can be used in conjunction with the Business Facade Improvement Gran as well as the USDA Energy Efficiency Grants.
- Applicants must be the property owner.
- Applicants must meet all applicable zoning requirements, obtain all permits and approval and must meet all state and local regulatory codes with contractors adhering to the same.
- 1st monthly payment will not be due until 3 months after loan agreement is signed.
- After ½ (half) the princiipal is paid, if applicant has made all payments in a timely manner, the remaining ½ of the principal may be forgiven by the City Council if the Applicant is still operating the same business.
- ADA Bathroom Compliance
- Energy Efficiency Updates (High efficiency heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, insulation, lighting, doors, or windows)
- Updating Electrical
- Updated Plumbing
- Other approved projects from Building Inspector, Fire Marshall, Health Inspector, or City Administrator.
For more information, please contact Amy Sapp at 308-235-3782 or via email at email@example.com. Below is the link to the guidelines and application.